Sunday, October 26, 2008

Video for websites - tools you need (TUN)

CamStudio - video capturing/converting tool


The network speed - bandwidth - I use has grown from 9,600 BITS/second in 1995 to my current 20 Mbits/second so ofcause you can put more "heavy" stuff on the net. One of the relative heavy items is video clips.


You may have a digital video recorder, a webcam, a camera or perhaps a phone which will produce for instance .AVI files. I found though that publish AVI files is not so perfect for several reasons. Yesterday I found soloution (for my PC) which is an open source application called "CamStudio", it seems to be the answer to my needs to be able to publish video - here are some of the features:

  • Optional compressing of the video

  • Choice to include audio

  • SWF video + autogenerated HTML which embeds it


That is enough for me! - and BTW I found it here: http://www.webappers.com/category/components/video/

No comments: